Question:
outlook express and microsolf outlook?
tracy
2007-05-17 22:22:42 UTC
Ok, here is the problem. I have an outlook express in my old dying PC and a microsolf outlook in my new laptop, BUT I don't have outlook express in my new laptop (I don't know why, I search for it alreaday). So all the emails and everything in outlook express in the dying PC, Please tell me how to switch outlook express to microsolf outlook.
Four answers:
Lemuel G
2007-05-17 22:40:29 UTC
All your emails in your old PC which is using Outlook Express (OE) is stored on this folder C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\\Microsoft\Outlook Express.

Try to copy the contents of that folder to your new laptop. when you configure Microsoft Outlook (MO), configure it to import files then point to the location of your old OE mails.
SubOne
2007-05-17 22:27:30 UTC
To transfer messages by using the Import and Export Wizard, you must first locate and copy the correct files from the computer where Outlook Express is installed to the computer where Outlook is installed.

Note Copying the Outlook Express information to a shared location won't work. You must copy the folder to the same computer where Outlook is installed.

Copy Outlook Express folder

1. On the computer where your Outlook Express account is set up, in Outlook Express, on the Tools menu, click Options.

2. Click the Maintenance tab.

3. Click Store Folder, and then note the entire path shown in the field in the Store Location dialog box.

Tip Record this location so that you can recall it later in this procedure. You can do this quickly by selecting the information in the field, pressing CTRL+C to copy, and then opening Microsoft Notepad and pressing CTRL+V to paste it there.

4. If necessary, modify the default view in Windows Explorer so that you can see hidden folders. The Outlook Express folder is located in a hidden folder.

ShowHow?

ShowMicrosoft Windows® XP or Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003

1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.

2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.

3. Click the View tab, and then click the Show hidden files and folders option.

ShowMicrosoft Windows® 2000

1. Double-click My Computer on your desktop.

Note If My Computer is not on your desktop, click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer.

2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.

3. Click the View tab, and then click the Show hidden files and folders option.

5. Browse to the location that you found in the Store Location dialog box.

6. Do one of the following:

* Copy the entire Outlook Express folder to removable media, such as a floppy disk, DVD, or portable memory device, and then copy it to the computer where Outlook is installed.

Note When you transfer this information to the computer with Outlook, the destination is not critical, because the information will only be stored there temporarily. Copy it to a place that you can easily remember and find.

* Copy the entire Outlook Express folder to a network location that the computer with both Outlook and Outlook Express has access to.

7. On the computer where Outlook is installed, open Outlook Express. If prompted to create an e-mail account, click Cancel.

8. On the Tools menu, click Options.

9. Click the Maintenance tab.

10. Click Store Folder and then click Change.

11. Browse to the location where you copied the Outlook Express folder, and then click the folder that you copied in step 6. Click OK.

12. To close the Store Location dialog box, click OK.

13. When prompted to use the new messages or replace them with messages from the old store location, click Yes to switch to that store.

14. Close Outlook Express, and then open it again to complete the process.

Import Outlook Express messages into Outlook

1. In Outlook, on the File menu, click Import and Export.

2. Click Import Internet Mail and Addresses, and then click Next.

3. Click Outlook Express.

4. Select the Import mail check box.

5. Click Next.

6. Click Finish.

7. To save a copy of the import summary to your Inbox, click Save in Inbox.
2016-11-04 11:43:30 UTC
in case you've been utilising Outlook convey in the previous with your Hotmail account you will get entry to and use it. If no longer then you might want to purchase the privilege from MSN. (Sorry, yet does than propose invoice Gates needs better money?)
pjinperth
2014-05-08 08:18:57 UTC
We had been having a similar problem as many of our clients on Windows XP are on Outlook Express but needed to migrate their emails to various versions of Outlook.

So after a lot of trial and error we developed a 6 stage process using Windows Live mail.

You can find full step-by-step details here

http://www.itguyswa.com/migrate-email-outlook-express-outlook-free/