Question:
Blue screen on Dell Inspiron 1525. Have been told to reinstall Windows how do I do this?
Peshwari
2009-06-17 09:34:53 UTC
A few months ago I tried to connect to the internet but I got a blue screen which was displayed for about 2 seconds(PAGE ERROR IN A NON PAGED AREA) after which my laptop restarted. As long as the cable was in the laptop this happened. It stopped when I took the cable out. After doing diagnostic tests on it I found that there were no errors on the Hard drive and the memory was fine.This also happens when I switch on Wireless.Now whenever the blue screen comes up there is no message just the codes. Occasionally when starting up my computer after it's been shut down the blue screen appears and the wireless indicator light turns on even when the switch is off.I have installed all but one of the programs that have been installed onto my dell this year. The remaining one is the anti-virus mks_vir 9.0. Every time I try to uninstall it the blue screen appears with the message (IRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) I have been instructed my Dell Representatives to reinstall WINDOWS as this should relieve me of the problem. But I have to pay £57 for this instruction over the phone when I'm sure I can do it myself. Can anyone tell me how to do this preferably someone who works for dell?

THANKS
Five answers:
Cameron
2009-06-17 09:48:03 UTC
Dells normally come with a Windows reinstall disk.

You put into the disk slot.

turn off computer

Turn on computer

Go into Bios (normally an F1-12(Will tell you on start up))

Change boo priority to CD/Disk or select boot from disk

Follow the on screen instructions and Windows should reinstall.
2009-06-18 03:16:30 UTC
If your computer came with no CDs:

No, if this is a fairly new computer it comes with a Factory Default Recovery Partition called d:. It can reinstall Windows back to the way it came from the factory. If you go this route everything will be wiped out including any files you may want to keep.

Dell XP = Ctrl+F11 while booting up

Dell Vista = F8 while booting up.
Louis C
2009-06-17 09:44:44 UTC
You should have a dell provided CD. Which will normally call as 'Restore Disk'. All you need to do is boot the CD from start up.

First, put the cd into CD ROM/DVD ROM

Second, restart the computer/notebook

Once the computer restart, press F12. This is bring you to boot option. It will be the easiest way.

Thus, choose to boot from CDROM.

Then, follow the instruction and you will be fine.
2009-06-19 07:02:54 UTC
Could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software. This problem can be solved by uninstalling new software, updating device drivers and making minor configuration changes . From http://fixit.in/bluescreenofdeath.html . You can also run a free registry scan using utilities from http://rcyj.com
kishore
2009-06-17 09:53:27 UTC
http://www.pcworld.com/article/129977/how_to_reinstall_windows_xp.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0cop_am1WM