Question:
Microsoft word 2008 for windows?
Ask Me ♥
2008-05-04 07:48:52 UTC
I wanted to know if their is an upgrade for microsoft word on a windows xp? i only see them for mac and i was wondering if their is a 2008 one for windows too. if i downloaded the one for mac, would it work on my computer?
Six answers:
Colin.M
2008-05-04 07:58:41 UTC
As far as I am aware Ms Word 2007 is the latest copy of the software. There are various service packs available for Word at http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloads/default.aspx?ofcresset=1

I don't think Word for a mac would even install on a PC , let alone run.

Good Luck!
yap_jp
2008-05-04 07:52:06 UTC
Office 2008 for Mac isn't compatible for Windows since Mac and Windows are different system. For Windows, Office 2007 is the latest
ELfaGeek
2008-05-04 08:05:28 UTC
"if their is an upgrade for microsoft word on a windows xp?"

That depends on which Word version you have now. If not MS-Office 2007 (the latest Windows version), there are available upgrades from older versions, but they're not free.

"if i downloaded the one for mac, would it work on my computer?" NO!!!

As stated above, Open Office (Windows) and Neo-Office (OS X) are great FREE alternatives to MS-Office.

TIP: If you have a legal Office 2003, don't bother upgrading, get the free Office 2007 Compatibility Pack from MS.
wireddad
2008-05-04 07:54:25 UTC
If you want to stay with microsoft then 2007 is the latest for windows. I'd suggest try free alternatives like Openoffice or Neooffice for mac.
Wolf in command
2008-05-04 08:05:44 UTC
The mac version is called 2008 because it took longer to make. Beside the os, there is no difference
?
2016-11-07 07:11:23 UTC
confirm the everyday toolbar is displaying. click the little button on the top incredible corner of the document window to toggle the toolbar on and rancid. you're searching for the Zoom function on the everyday toolbar.