Question:
Pls I need help on a good reference to explain how to use VLOOKUP. Note: VLOOKUP is a microsoft excel function
wiseman
2006-01-31 04:17:17 UTC
Pls I need help on a good reference to explain how to use VLOOKUP. Note: VLOOKUP is a microsoft excel function
Two answers:
2006-01-31 09:56:15 UTC
excel help is pretty good on this.

A simple example:

in cell a2 type

=vlookup(a1,b1:d13,2,0)

b1:d13 has 3 columns of data (b,c,d) and 13 rows (1to13).

There is a value in cell A1 which is also somewhere in Column b (between rows 1 and 13).

The formula looks for the value in A1 in column B and returns what is in the 2nd column (column c) of the range used (b1:d13) - this is the ,2 part of the formula.

The last bit ,0 in explained in excel help, all you really need to know is that you must includ it or your results may be unexected.
matt
2006-01-31 04:19:21 UTC
/,gbfdfygfhf