Question:
Why does the system idle process never go below 50%?
David J
2006-04-05 17:34:54 UTC
Why does the system idle process never go below 50%?
One answer:
DaddyBill
2006-04-05 17:52:36 UTC
Your resources are being consumed by a host of processes. Since you know your processes are never below 50% you obviously have seen the Windows Task Manager. Look at your Processes Tab and click on the word CPU it will show you what is consuming the most time. Type in Image name that is consuming the most CPU time into goggle and find out what it does. Some legitimate software scanners like Symtec will consume allot when scanning your hard drive.

I usually find that many ads are running in the back ground. Download from zdnet.com the latest Ad-Aware software and check for updates after installation and run the program. I usually find several ads hidden in the background running.

Hopefully if you are on the network you have a firewall running as well as a good virus checker.

Good luck