Question:
System restore problem?
cypearl1
2009-03-26 09:03:15 UTC
When I go into system restore I find that the "switch off restore system" box is ticked. When I try to untick it in order to switch on the restore system I get the message "system restore encountered an error trying to enable\disable one or more drives."

So how can I get over this problem to enable the restore system facility? Restarting the PC doesn't do anything.
Four answers:
Richard J
2009-03-26 09:12:38 UTC
This if this will help you

What you need to do is to Reboot your computer, when your computer starts to reboot, start tapping the F10 key. You should get an Option for Destructive Recovery and Non Destructive recovery. Choose the Non Destructive Recovery (Not advanced) and see if that will help your problems. If it doesn't then you will need to do the Destructive recovery which will get rid of everything on your PC and put back to the way it was the day your bought it
2009-03-26 09:14:00 UTC
This usually happens when you have a virus. If you have an anti-virus program, scan your computer. If you don't have one, go here: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ It is an online virus scanner and is free. Good luck!
redwormchuck
2009-03-26 09:08:16 UTC
Sounds like either your restore proggie is malfunctioning or you have a bad drive.
2009-03-26 09:07:29 UTC
you may have a virus

run your virus scan