Question:
Need help with ms paint program using XP Home Edition?
james y
2007-02-02 15:02:13 UTC
I use the ms paint program a lot and recently it seems to have developed a mind of it's own. My drawings will become distorted
after and even during the creation process. Close examination (zoom) reveals that pixels that were not designated to be colored are now all of a sudden colored.(The pixel should remain white) If I draw a stright black line, some of the pixles next to the line while be colored a couple of shades of gray, giving the drawing a cloudy apperance. The more I add to the drawing the more distorted it becomes. It does not make any differance which color
is used (except white) I get the same results. I have already tried
the removel and reinstall process, but no luck. HELP!
Four answers:
Pichi
2007-02-05 21:04:05 UTC
Try some of these programs, they are all free:

http://wang.zhenzhou.googlepages.com/

http://www.photobie.com/

http://www.plasticbugs.com/index.php?p=241

http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/PhotoPlus/

http://www.photofiltre.com

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/PaintNET/1096481993/1

http://park18.wakwak.com/~pixia/
Jim Maryland
2007-02-02 15:15:13 UTC
If you think you'll need more advanced features, you might want to consider GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/) as an alternative. The application is free open source software. It certainly would be overkill though if you only want the same functionality that you have in MS Paint.
Daniel N
2007-02-02 15:07:30 UTC
Download a free alternative to MS paint that is a billion times better www.getpaintdotnet.com.
shomaster
2007-02-02 15:12:09 UTC
You can also try the GNU Image manipulation program.

http://www.gimp.org/