Question:
need advice on what to use for adding overlay text or image to a live video stream please read?
?
2008-06-15 15:58:54 UTC
I am using a standard camcorder attached to a pc via firewire cable and broadcasting live video through live.yahoo.com

Now what i want to know is if there is any software etc i can use which will add an overlay of text images etc onto the video

I have looking into visual communicator by adobe but i cannot download the trial and test it out until june the 1st and from the looks of it they only support live streaming video to a flash media server etc

I want soemthign that simply adds an overlay to the video but keeps it all working the same way it does now, so i could use it for example on live.yahoo.com or i could use it on webcam chat through IM programs and stuff like that

Anyone know where to start looking or any good software that works well with sites like yahoo live??
Three answers:
mike
2008-06-16 04:53:25 UTC
This is easy. You would need basic video editors that layers. For instance you may want to add your logo to the corner of a video or text (kinda like what the news uses) well you just bring in the design into the video program add its own layer, and then have the film footage in another layer. Even the basic of video editing software does this. About anything that allows you to format your video and accepts layering (even flash) will allow you to add text. If you are streaming its a bit more difficult that I wouldn't know, haven't done it yet. I take it you are a beginner in video editing.
?
2016-04-03 07:12:34 UTC
I only read half of this before I got a little bored, sorry. Some of your references are wrong though, be sure to make the noninsignificant differentiation between BGH, a naturally occuring hormone that cows produce in order to produce milk, and rBGH or recombinant bovine growth hormone, the lab-produced hormone that is injected into cows in order to increase their milk production. Oh, and people drink goat's milk and sheep's milk, too, and have for thousands of years. There are probably other animals that are milked, too. Also, I've seen adult cats and dogs drink milk, actually knocking the top off of the colostrum milk container in the barn so they can reach the milk. It was almost really good, but your sources weren't all exactly on. If you're turning that in for credit, you might want to double check those.
look-up
2008-06-15 16:26:44 UTC
either CSS and javascript would do the trick.

good luck