Question:
I just updated my computer to windows XP pro. and i dont have no sound only a be but no sount how can i fix it
Julio B
2005-12-16 08:00:37 UTC
I just updated my computer to windows XP pro. and i dont have no sound only a be but no sount how can i fix it
Two answers:
Avi
2005-12-16 08:16:13 UTC
First thing I would recommend is go to

1. Http://windowsupdates.microsoft.com

Run all the updates and see if there is an updated driver for your sound card.

If that doesn't help, go to:

START | Settings | Control Panel

Switch to Classic View if it's not already selected,

Double Click on "System"

Go to the "Hardware" Tab

Click on "Device Manager"

Look for any items with an exclamation point.

Remove the items with an exclamation point and reboot your computer.

When your computer reboots it should automatically install the best drivers for your system.

If it doesn't you may have to find the drivers associated with device that's not functioning.

Hope this helps.
r3dm0
2006-03-14 02:41:22 UTC
Did you try ehh pluggin your speakers in?? J/K yer soundcard needs to be reinstalled, find out what it is, and go grab the nessesery software from whatever site.

R3dm0