Question:
what backup program do you use?
Mike Y
2010-04-28 06:34:51 UTC
i have the option of using windows 7 backup but it is too slow,i also have nero 9 backup but it is complicated and wont let me backup c drive?.I would like to have the option of backing up whatever files i choose and be able to see the progress as it is backing up,thanks
Four answers:
zoomjet
2010-04-28 06:43:17 UTC
Try GFI Backup Home Edition - you create a "job" and run it manually or to a schedule - basically a job is a backup set where you specify what you want to back, when and where

free here

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/gfi-backup-home-edition/gfibackup.html

how to

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/1893/gfi-backup-home-edition-is-a-free-data-backup-utility-for-windows/

If you want to make a mirror image of your C drive to restore it at a later date because of a system crash, then try Macrium Reflect

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/macrium-reflect/mreflect.html

how to

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-reflect-is-a-free-and-easy-to-use-backup-utility/
Sukhoi
2010-04-29 15:25:31 UTC
To backup important files I am using Mozy.

Is an encrypted, setup-and-forget and off-site backup software, so I am protected not only against hardware failure, but also against fire, etc.

Do also versioning, keeping files for 30 days after deleted in your computer.

If you want to try, you can get 2.25 GB for free for life using this promo code:

https://mozy.com/?code=94HW8M

And then click in this sequence:

Products -> MozyHome -> 2 GB of 100% free backup space -> Try It Free

Then fill with your data.

The extra 0.25 GB you receive after run the Mozy backup for the first time.

Hope this help you!
2010-04-28 06:41:42 UTC
I use 'SyncBack' it is very easy to use but still give you power to modify. Plus its free

Also I use 'Handy Backup' for when I need to do FTP backups, and back from FTP to my local machine.
2010-04-28 06:43:07 UTC
Go for Acronis. They have option to save your private data as well as the whole partion and thats fast as well.

GooD LucK...

:)